A great home modification you can consider can be as simple as an exterior coating system. This can update the appearance of your home’s exterior and provide energy-efficiency and save you on heating and cooling costs. One of the most efficient and effective solution to achieve this is a ceramic coating.
Ceramic coatings are also called insulating paint and applied to your home’s exteriors. These remarkable products come with years of transferable warranty and have plenty going for it aside from the longevity aspect.
How a Ceramic Coating Works
Ceramic coatings have been on the market for decades under many brand names. They help your home looking new with comparatively minimal maintenance by making it more resilient and easier to clean. They are liquid polymers that chemically bonds with a surface to form a microscopic and a semi-permanent protection layer.
Benefits of a Ceramic Coating
A ceramic coating preserves the exterior of your home and minimizes ongoing maintenance needs. Thus, having this coating applied will add to your home.
The following are its benefits:
- Protect your home from UV damage and oxidization. As your home’s exterior is exposed to the sun, its regular paint will start to oxidize, leading to dull and faded paint. A ceramic coating layer protects the paint from the ultraviolet rays of the sun, thus, decreasing the amount of oxidization.
- Protect the walls from chemical stains and etching. Naturally acidic contaminants can cause chemical staining. A ceramic coating creates a chemically resistant surface that can keep some contaminants from bonding to your paint. As a result, your home’s exteriors will be m ore resistant to staining and etching, as long as you remove the contaminant right away.
- Make cleaning the exteriors easy. A ceramic coating repels water. If your exteriors have a ceramic coating, water will slide off more easily. Thus, mud and grime will have a tougher time bonding to the paint of your walls. And when you clean the exteriors, you will easily remove dirt and contaminants.
- Improve the gloss of your paint. Adding a ceramic coating will make your paint pop up. A great ceramic coating improves the paint’s reflective properties, adding to its clarity and depth.
- Offer flexibility. A ceramic coating expands and contracts with changing temperatures. For many homeowners, this is key to the warranty.
- Provide breathability. A ceramic coating has a breathability rating of 32.7, which means that it keeps water particles out while allowing water vapor to escape from the interior. In turn, this minimizes the chances of mold and mildew development.