With the increasing number of electronic appliances, the consumption of electricity also increases. Most power companies rely on sources of gas, coal, petrol, petroleum to build power supply. This is the main reason for the price hike of commodities because excessive usage of these sources leads to a decrease in their quantity. In the US, the most common source of electricity was coal which was surpassed by natural gas last year.
Since electricity is used daily and no one can survive without it, therefore people are switching to solar panels instead of paying high electricity bills. Through the solar panel, the sun’s energy, which is the primary source of energy on Earth, is converted into electricity. They consist of –
- Interconnected solar cells that generate electricity
- The glass that shields the solar cell
- The frame that provides rigidity
- The back sheet where solar cells are laid
- Junction box where wirings are enclosed and connected
- Encapsulate works as an adhesive
Various companies provide different types of solar panels depending upon a family’s need or consumption. Even businesses install solar panels in their building to get rid of the exorbitant electricity bills. Solar products are easy to compare according to their features and technicalities, but installation is a big task.
Installing a solar panel is a complicated process. Above all, choosing the best installer is a difficult task. All solar panel installation companies seem to be the best at their work. However, it is only after they install, that you realize what blunder you’ve made.
Here is the list of things that you should look for in a good installer –
- To begin with, search for the solar companies near your area. It is best to look for a company close to your house so that during emergencies, or glitch, you can contact them immediately even by reaching their office.
- Once you have found companies, by checking their reviews online and ratings, you can contact them and ask for price quotes. It is good to get quotations from more than two companies so that you can compare them and decide.
- Remember not to approach a company that gives you a final quote over the phone. A diligent installer will send their representative to your home to analyze the roof or place where the solar panel has to be installed, the capacity of the electric board, drainage problem, and surrounding plants, before giving quotations.
- Choose a company that has expertise in solar panel installation, and approved certification as well as license. They should know the regional permission and rebate programs nicely.
- The solar panel consists of various parts and these parts come within warranty. Ask the installer what all comes within their warranty.
- Get a list of all quotations from all companies, which should include the labor cost, overtime charges, payment due date, etc. Ensure there aren’t any hidden charges included in it.
Due to COVID-19 people are switching to online payments rather than cash. Check what all payment methods your company is using. It is good to approach a company that uses different payment types like, cards, installments, online payment, loans, etc. there is nothing scary about installing a solar panel. It is just the process of picking the right company is tricky. Save money by getting a solar panel for your home and enjoy the lights every night.